Has your company decided that Facebook makes sense as a channel to connect with customers and prospects? If yes, we offer these five tips to get started, and to stay on track to meet your marketing goals.
- Be easy to LIKE: Tell visitors exactly what they will gain by becoming a fan. In marketing terms, you need a clear call to action and an incentive. The most successful companies offer fans exclusive access to something of value to the customer or prospect.
- KISS frequently: If your customers and prospects are using Facebook, they’re looking for a quick, easy way to keep up-to-date on your company’s activities, or to connect with others who use your brand. So, post information or comments at least once a week, and keep it short, simple and straightforward.
- Say thanks: Ask fans to send in pictures of themselves posing with your product. Sell a service? Ask you fans to send in a photo that shows what your service means to them. And acknowledge responses by highlighting a Fan-Of-The-Week (or month, or whatever interval makes sense for your business). Give special fan-only offers.
- Look different: Many elements of a Facebook site are fixed, but there’s lots of room to use visual design and other features to spice up your company’s site. In fact, it’s possible to include surveys, games, apps, order forms, customer service functionality, and more.
- Let go: Use a social channel right and your brand fans will keep a discussion going, if that’s what they want. One of the biggest keys to success on Facebook is embracing viral marketing without fear. We know this is easier said than done in most organizations. If your company needs to have complete control of online comments, Facebook probably isn’t the right channel to invest time, money and effort.
What’s your company’s social marketing plan? Not sure how to use Facebook or other online social networks to achieve your business goals? We can share experience from setting up simple Facebook business pages to creating marketing campaigns on Facebook and Twitter for our clients. Want to talk more about social media marketing? Contact us